Sunday, January 4, 2009

Upgrade to Intrepid Ibex

Yesterday over the night, I upgraded from Ubuntu Hardy to Intrepid. I know Hardy is LTS, but them I've been reading again and again that Intrepid is quick and very fast, I decided to upgrade to Intrepid. Though, I already have a test machine with Intrepid at my work place, I initially was against upgrading to Intrepid as Hardy was an LTS. Anyway, now that I've upgraded my PC @ home to Intrepid, I could not have been happier.
The upgrade as it is was quite easier, and man...Nautilus, Gnome and boot up and shutdown was so fast, I could actually quickly differentiate the speed compared to Hardy!

I've been running Intrepid on a VM on my PC and now I'll have it upgraded to Jaunty Jackalope! (Ubuntu 9.04)
There is a small glitch, troubling me; after the upgrade, the Network Manager icon shows disconnected (where in fact, actually I was totally connected to the Internet). This could be because of my entries in /etc/network/interfaces (as I run my VM over QEMU)
I'm reading through the forums and launchpad bugs to resolve this ASAP.

No comments: